Monday, July 4, 2016

Lavender Fields Forever

Well it's harvest time in the world of Lavender.

I tried out the Clackamas County Lavender Festival last Sunday June 26. This one is put on by the Oregon Lavender Farm. It is a moderate sized event with free parking. There was a great water feature for the kids to play in and enjoy. I had some tasty lavender lemonade and lavender chicken over rice. There was a vendor selling Microwave essential oil distillers. Though I would love an easy way to distill oils at home I don't think a microwave is the way to go. In general we should all be moving away from microwaves as they denature our food. The use of essential oils is to enhance our well being. I think microwaving an plant to distill it would change the chemistry and lower the medicinal value of the oil. I haven't done a lot of research on this microwave process so I'd recommend you do so on your own. Please share what you learn here in the blog comments. Meeting this vendor did peak my interest and I will be doing more research on easy, healthy ways to distill at home.

This coming weekend I will be doing Chair Massage at the Helvetia Lavender Festival.  Come find me Friday- Sunday: July 8-10 from 10 - 5 PM. The admission is Free to the public. Part of my proceeds will be donated to the festival in support of widows in the Ukraine. The Miller family who own and operate the farm sends the donations through the Samaritan Ministries. For more information visit www.gsmukraine.com. I can't speak to the lavender scones personally but my colleague said they were tasty last year and were heaping with fresh berries. I'm sure she's going to treat herself again during her break this year. I tried the lavender tea and had to go back for seconds and thirds it was so good. Again this year there will be a fun fishing pond for the kids so bring them along. From live music to scrolling peacefully through the fields there will be something for everyone. I love providing massage surrounded by the relaxing aroma of lavender and I'm sure you will enjoy receiving this way.

You are now ready to come on out to the farm right? Here is where you can find us: http://www.helvetialavenderfarm.com/ I will be listed under Mama Needs Massage.

Make sure you are signed up for my newsletter. With all these lavender festivals I'll be trying out the new recipes and including them in one of the upcoming newsletters. Remember with Young living essential oils you can consume them. So if you can't get out to one of the festivals, or grow your own then a bottle of pure supplemental grade oil is the way to go.

To sign up for my monthly newsletter visit my website the home page has the sign up you can submit.
www.colette.massagetherapy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment